Personal independence and flexibility are two of the main reasons people own vehicles. Having your own transportation gives you a sense of pride.
Taking care of your ride reinforces that pride. That’s why it’s important to learn how to detail a car.
A clean car is a long-lasting car. The more a vehicle frequents the rode, it picks up deposits—natural deposits like dirt and salt. Those deposits cause gradual corrosion, which leads to the car’s deterioration.
Cleaning all the particulars of a ride removes debris from the outside of the car and under the hood. That alone makes the vehicle safe on the road for the driver and everyone else.
If you’re wondering how to detail a car, you need to read this. Here’s a complete guide on how to detail a car beginning to end for an updated and clean look.
How to Detail a Car? Start With the Interior
Making the outside shiny and pretty isn’t the end-all to detailing. As a matter of fact, that’s the finishing touch.
Always start with the inside.
1. Remove all the trash from the car, including under the seats. Be sure to dig down into the seats. Sometimes small pieces of paper and other things get lodged in them.
Pull out the rugs. Beat and vacuum them. If you’re at a carwash, drag the vacuum hose into the vehicle and vacuum it thoroughly.
2. Take a mild soap cleanser and wipe out the cup holders, doors, and dashes. Use an upholstery cleaner to clean the seats. Follow up with a foaming carpet cleaner and damp foam sponge for the floors.
Refer to the vehicle’s manual for specialized cleaners.
Use a wet-dry vacuum to suck out the liquid from the seats and floors. If you have a leather interior, make sure you go over things with a leather conditioner after cleaning.
3. Clean the inside windows and windshields. If you have tinted windows be careful with the type of spray you use.
Steer away from windows cleaners that contain vinegar and ammonia.
Finish up With the Exterior
When you make your way to the car’s exterior. Start with the most detailed parts. You’ll need more elbow grease in those areas.
1. Spray the wheel rims down with a foaming cleanser and let it sit for a little while. Sometimes dirt and oil get caked on, making it hard to scrub off right away. While you wait, wet the car down, avoiding the tires.
After a few minutes, you should notice the filth on the rims beginning to soften. Clean them with a soft scrub brush and a rag. Use a whitewall cleaner on the tires. Rinse the wheels down.
2. Pop the hood and put some focus on your engine components. Using a degreaser, spray down the grimy areas and let lt sit.
Rinse the cleanser, oil, and dirt off with a hose.
3. Wash your car from top to bottom using a mitt. Go over it twice to make sure you really get the dirty areas.
Rinse and dry with chamois, keeping an eye out for spots.
4. Clean the outside windows, following the same rules for the inside.
Once the rugs dry, put them back in the car and job well done.
Detail Your Car
No more wondering how to detail a car. Keep the inside and outside of your vehicle looking great.
Find the nearest car wash and start maintaining your car’s beauty.
Need a local place to detail your ride? Give us a call for suggestions on any of our locations.